Sootys Chimney Sweep
We are fully qualified NACS, HETAS engineers.
Sweeping to a code of practice, and a code of conduct, We can sweep a wide variety of appliances including:
- Multi fuel stoves
- Wood burning stoves
- Open fireplaces
- Oil fired boilers
- Gas appliances
With power sweeping the brush head uses centrifugal force to expand to suite the flue being swept and also centres itself, therefore doesn’t require a vast range of brushes. Because it’s not a traditional brush there’s no surface tension being created in the sweeping process as the head adjusts to fit the flue. View the video below for details on how the Power Sweeping system works.
It is recommended that in normal use, chimneys should be swept as follows:
- Chimneys with solid fuel appliances
- Smokeless fuels – at least once a year
- Domestic bituminous coal – at least twice a year
- Chimneys with wood burning appliances – Quarterly when in use
- Chimneys with gas or oil appliances – Once a year
If you think you have a bird’s nest or blockage within your chimney, we can usually remove these using specialist brushes.
To tackle difficult winding chimneys, awkward bird’s nest’s or heavy tar build up, Sootys have the latest in power sweeping/flailing technology to remove and make safe.
On completion of work you will be issued with a certificate of chimney sweeping and recommended when future cleaning will be necessary. Sweeping to a code of practice, British Standards 6461.
To prepare for a sweep’s visit it is helpful if you:
- Remove ornaments and other items from your fireplace.
- Ensure that your cats, dogs and other roaming pets are not in the room as soot is harmful to them.
- Don’t light the fire!
- Empty the stove or fireplace of ash and clinkers before we start to save time.
- Have a power socket available for our vacuum.